HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Caryn M. Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:40:12 -0600
Left Coast Book Sale Continues & Winners of Terrible Writing Contest

We asked for everyone to send us the worst possible opening sentence for an
academic article, and, not to our surprise, our readers delivered. Here is a
sample winning entry:

"Today war is bad, but in the Neolithic it was even badder on account of
that people knew each other, were even related, and should've been friends
so they could've worked together to invent agriculture."

To see all 3 winning entries (and who wrote them), please go to our website
(www.LCoastPress.com <http://www.lcoastpress.com/> ) or to our Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/LeftCoastPress).

Remember that our sale-30% discount on all books-continues through Thursday,
March 22. And those who want to take advantage of the 40% discount offer can
still write us a horrible sentence to claim your discount.

Full details on the website and FB page.

The Left Coast Staff

Mitch Allen, Publisher
Left Coast Press, Inc.
1630 N. Main Street, #400