HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Neal Hitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:20:57 -0500
I think Kevin is right here. I mean, if I was a pot hunter(which I'm not) I
would be saying that within the disclipline of archeology you have a small
majority of mostly middle-class, college-educated white people who earn a
subsidized living from the government, whether that be in CRM or at the
University, which produces a very small percentage of the total discourse on
the condition of man/woman. You are telling me that I cant dig up stuff in
my own yard or farm. I don't see historians getting all upset if I read
family letters that my great grandparents wrote to each other. And no one
seems to care when I sell my grandparents photalbums at the flee market
either. Now how is that for being "far afield" or offensive.

Neal Hitch