HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 03:58:21 -0600
Just thought I'd try and cheer everyone up in the run-up to the New Year, while many of us are no doubt working hard on our Albuquerque papers, with some recent typos from some our grey literature reports (as sent to me by our post-excavation manager).   To avoid needlessly embarrassing anyone, all quotes are anonymous (but genuine).

Some are merely misspellings.  Others, particularly 2, 10, 12, 13, and 23, take on a whole new meaning.   Just remember to watch out for 2cm wide pedestrians on your next site...

Enjoy!

Alasdair Brooks

          1) This is a small, well persevered assemblage that is closely datable ....

2) A further four incised sheds were not illustrated.
3) Their relative scaricity
4) ... will come up with some sort of pan
5) metalworking waste was recovered from desposits
6) It is likely that horses and dogs were used to herd stock throughout the settlement
7) two main ranges of building flaked an extensive central yard
8) he was granted the wordship of John de Vere
9) In Period 1.2 there was a complete overhaul of the site with all the former features abandonded.
10) Ban on powered latex gloves
11) Extreme tirdness
12) This superstition of continuous occupation has to be very tentative ....
13) No archaeological features were recorded in this feature
14) further costs were negliable
15) There was alas a single examples for lentils and pea being grown.
16) .... while there was some smithy work being carried out it was probably only at craft/self sufficiently level.
17) The ditches in this area make several interesting relationships
18) ... the germentation of wheat/barley
19) a few Northamptonshireshire landholdings
20) This may simply have been the infilling of a natural hallow
21) Alongst the animal bone recovered ....
22) Other smaller partiticans occurred
          23) The trackway finishes at this point although there is a small pedestrian c.2m wide