HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lynsey Bates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 04:40:33 -0700
Hi Mark - At daacs.org, we have data on over 80 sites of slavery from 18th and 19th century contexts in North America and the Caribbean. To find information on mirror fragments, we suggest running 'Artifact Query 3' which you can access here: http://daacsrc.org/homepage/aq_three?daacs=y In DAACS, mirror fragments fall under the 'All Other Artifacts' category and in this section you can select 'Mirror' as the form to search on. This search returns the mirror glass records and any additional attributes you select, such as count, weight, and manufacturing technique. You can aggregate the search results by context, site, or chronological phase. You can also narrow down the search by selecting which sites or regions you want to query. Information about each site is available in the 'Archaeological Sites' portion of the website (https://www.daacs.org/archaeological-sites-map/). You can then download the query results into excel or data analysis software. Thanks for posting!

Best,

Lynsey

Lynsey Bates, Ph.D.
Senior Archaeological Analyst
The Digital Archaeological Archive of Comparative Slavery
Monticello, Charlottesville, VA
www.daacs.org
www.daacsrc.org