HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"John P. McCarthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 17:47:22 -0700
I will jump in on this one.

As far as I can tell SAA essentially put a gun to SOPA's head - stating
in so many words that it was going to organize ROPA regardless of other
partcipation.  Given SAA's larger membership numbers and financial
resources the majority of SOPA mermbers were along for the ROPA as it
were.

Should SHA enter into the ROPA venture?  I think so if historical
archaeology is going to have a real future in the CRM world.  As things
now stand historical archaeology gets short shrift from most SHPO
archaeologists and prehistorically trained practicioners.

Is the cost rediculas? Probably. Are SAA and SHA dues already too high
Yes, for sure and no end in sight.

Do we need sliding dues sclaes tied to income or type of employment? Yes
again.