HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lester Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 16:36:06 -0800
From: "Stapp, Darby C" <[log in to unmask]>

I am writing this for Deborah Graham, who is working on a thesis at U of
related to the archaeology of electricity, especially in the Northwest
(she is without computer capability at the moment).  One collection she
is using is one Julie Longenecker and I excavated in Silver City, Idaho.
This was a ca. 1920s electrician's household dump that contained a lot
of electricity-related items. She'll also work with some pre-Hanford
farmers (pre-1943) to learn how electricity changed their lives.

I told Deborah I would contact this esteemed body [AHAPN] to see if
anyone knew of any reports or studies or research questions or contacts
that might help her in her thesis.

Also, Lester, if you could post this message on HistArch, I know she
would
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Darby Stapp