HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:16:35 -0400
Hi All -

?I've found an
overglaze printed creamware pitcher (ok, in small pieces) that has a
scene of the Greenwich (England) Hospital on one side, and a song by
18th c. composer Charles Dibdin called "The Jolly Young Waterman" on
the other. I've googled Dibdin and found all the basic information, but
was wondering if anyone else has found this particular commemorative?
Any other Dibdin verses? I'll be happy to send a pdf if anyone wants to
see it.

thanks,

Carl Steen