HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bill Liebeknecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2014 12:32:06 -0400
Thanks, It's all helpful!

-----Original Message-----
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan
Walter
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 11:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Colonial Horses Part 2

Many of these things were fed to the pigs.
If they were nearby, Gypsies ate "dead meat"
Farmers here that I asked - in the 1900s, mind - they buried them.
My uncle's family in Montana dumped carcasses in a ravine and let the
scavengers have them.
A local butcher told me he butchered them for local families who ate them.
None of this is early 18th century though, just what I've gotten by asking.