HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Proebsting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:21:23 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I’m organizing a session for the 2016 SHA conference entitled, "Environmental Archaeology and Historical Ecology: Present and Future Directions."  The symposium title and abstract are included below, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  We welcome the chance to add a couple more papers to what is shaping up to be a nice collection of presentations and research topics.

Symposium—"Environmental Archaeology and Historical Ecology: Present and Future Directions"
Eric Proebsting and Ashley Peles (co-chair)

This
 symposium draws together a collection of current research that
demonstrates the interpretive potential of plant, animal, and landscape
data for addressing significant cultural and historical questions. The
studies are unified by an interdisciplinary approach that bridges both
the natural and cultural realms and moves past methodological concerns
to reach meaningful interpretations, showing the present and future
value of environmental approaches to historical archaeology.

Please e-mail me off list by Monday (June 22) with a title and brief description of your proposed presentation if you are interested in taking part!

All the best,

Eric
Eric Proebsting, PhD
Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest
Department of Archaeology and Landscapes
(434) 534-8102