HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Andy Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:59:18 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: William White <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, August 19, 1998 1:11 PM
Subject: Can Identification

>List Members:
>
>My crew has identified a possible railroad surveyor's field camp.
>Within the camp they discovered a can that measures 1.5" tall with a
>2.75" diameter. The lid/top has a threaded closure onto the body.  The
>top is imprinted with PREFERRED STOCK / FLAKE CUT (tobacco?) along the
>outer circumference, while the center depicts a ticker tape machine
>under a glass dome and sitting on a box or table with TRADE MARK on
>either side of the ticker tape recorder.
>
>We would appreciated any data related to this type of can.  Thanks in
>advance....ww
Hi
You want to talk w/ David T Kirkpatrick- Human Systems Research Las Cruces
NM. Email [log in to unmask] tel # 505-524-9456.
Dave & I did a data recovery on hist. rr construction site along Santa Fe
mainline MP 110 Between Grants & Gallup NM. He wrote a virtual "tome" on the
work & should be able to help you w/ can ID.
Where did you find your site? I'm a rr nut & conductor now w/ BNSF. Use 2/b
archaeologist but no long term work to live off of these days.
Hope this helps Let me know what happens.
Andy