HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:53:53 MST
How easy is it to get Soluvar varnish? Nail polish is simple to find in most
cities and towns.

Of course, a similar thread to this one that appeared on the MUSEUM-L list got
many conservators up in arms. They would seem to prefer that we don't label
our artifacts at all, since anything we would do might potentially damage the
material. When I asked, well, what should we do to label the items, the
solutions were either very expensive, or the materials impossible to find and
very expensive.

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
[log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD, SUB-ARCH