HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kate and Silas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:07:32 +0000
Yes, there are a pair from the Van Sweringen site, one with it's mount or should I say "vices" in place. They can be seen at
http://www.stmaryscity.org/VirtualExhbit/ordinary.htm

Until the advent of round, free-blown bottles after about 1650, case bottles are the only type of glass bottles we find. They continue in use for quite a while and are particularly fit for ship board use.

Silas

From: "Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>