HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Nasca, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:19:26 -0500
Laird,

While working with a large assemblage of British military artifacts from
Paget Fort, Bermuda, I noticed a few examples of plain creamware plates
with single Arabic numerals scratched through the glaze on the bottoms
of the plates.  The deposit is dated between 1778-1819.

Paul

Paul M. Nasca
Staff Archaeologist
George Washington's Fredericksburg Foundation