HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
basedowm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:07:26 -0400
This is a resend with a different subject heading - I received a message from
the server that the posting may not have gone out. Apologies to those of you
who are getting this twice.

Hello all,

The website for the excavation with the racoon burial, among other recent
histarch query-related items, is now up and running. It is not a preliminary
report in the scientific sense, geared as it is more to the general public,
students, faculty and local press. Although I've made mention of some things
I've heard on the list I haven't bothered with citations for this level of
reporting -- hope this doesn't offend.

There are a lot of pictures though (which can lead to slow-loading if your
internet connection isn't fast) and a good general overview of what was just a
very short seaons work. All "results" and speculations are preliminary. I
welcome any comments or advice.

The link is:

www.uncwil.edu/people/basedowm/mm/home.html

Maureen Basedow