HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MORGAN A RIEDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:18:41 -0700
I recall living in Puerto Rico in the late 1950s and routinely receiving change from shopkeepers in Liberty Heads.  These had been introduced into circulation as soon as the U.S. had occupied the island and had never been withdrawn.  I'm no numismatist, but for keepsakes I wish I'd saved a few, although by that time they were pretty well worn.

Morgan Rieder, RPA