HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:08:33 -0500
I've been so wrapped up  in the reuse of these features in the 1819 town
plan of our state's first capital, that I haven't thought much about this.
so thanks for the reminders.   Also, since they flattened the mound and
backfilled the ditches, that period of the site's history has not attracted
much attention.  Good to have these reminders, thanks again.

Although, we are being considered for a new "Mound Tour" in our state, but
it will be the one "missing mound" on the mound trail.

Linda Derry
Site Director, Old Cahawba Archaeological Park
Alabama Historical Commission
9518 Cahaba Road, Orrville, AL 36767
park:  334/ 875-2529