HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeremy Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 15:52:23 +0800
We have recently discovered a 19th century stoneware jar lid stopper about
55 mm in diameter. On the top are various letters and a decoration.
The words are DAVID STO.....O.... and LONDON
It is possible that this is either DAVID STONE BROS or DAVID STOLLE  the BR
is unclear but there is clearly an O.
The words run around the edge. In the centre is what appears to be a
rudimentry bell possibly a merchant's brand or mark.
Does anyone have anything similar? If necessary I can post the jpeg image
on our web site or send it off line as an attachment. Can anyone responding
too this post answer off line please?

Jeremy Green
Dept. Maritime Archaeology           __?__
Western Australian Maritime Museum  /     \      ---------------------
Cliff Street                       |       |    |  Dogbert said:     |
FREMANTLE                          ^^ (o)(o)    /  Remember that     |
WA 6160                           (.   ,---    /|  sick days         |
W. Australia                        | |,___|  / |  are just like     |
PLEASE NOTE new Phone codes         |  \__/     |  holidays, but with|
and NEW EMAIL Address               /_  __\     |  sound effects.    |
(61-8) 93357224 (F)
(61-8) 93358071 (H)    See us on the web at http://www.mm.wa.gov.au