HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:51:03 -0500
In a message dated 3/22/2006 2:23:52 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Hi,
> I was just wondering if anyone had done any work on late =
> nineteenth/early twentieth century ice rinks?  I'm particularly =
> interested in the technology used and the associated buildings.
> Thanks,
> Katharine

Sagebrush Consultants dealt with a 1930s ice rink which no longer exists at
Fort Douglas in Salt Lake City, Utah.  We were actually excavating a barracks
area and found evidence of the ice rink which had been built and then
dismantled in the same area.  The barracks were probably used as the warming up area.

We can provide some additional information if you have the need.

Mike Polk
Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.
Ogden, Utah USA