HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:17:13 EDT
Please forgive cross postings.

For the last four weeks we have been in the field at Fort Johnson, a state
owned reasearch facility on Charleston Harbor in South Carolina. We are
mitigating the impact of a proposed Marine Environmental Health Research
Laboratory (MEHRL). Public education is a substantial part of our mitigation
plan, and the web site found at the following address is the first step in the
process.  This is my first attempt at web site construction, so I would
appreciate any comments or suggestions. Also, I would like to add a page of
links to similar sites. If you have one please send me the address.

This site includes a current research page with weekly updates as well as
sections on the history of Fort Johnson and the central South Carolina coast,
results of earlier work, research design,  and bibliography. It can be
accessed through:

http://members.aol.com/diachronic/home.htm

or

http://encore-net.com/diachronic/