HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ian Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:22:52 +1100
Camels in Australia

Linda Derry is shocked at the proposed camel cull in Central Australia. I
too hate to see animals killed but the context is that the land is being
raped by exotic feral animals. We have wild Asian buffalo and horses as
well as the camels. These animals are doing an awful lot of damage.
It's a moot point about camels being more ecologically friendly than
four-wheel drives. There are a lot more camels than 4WD's. Plus the
distances out there are vast. Camel trains can't cut it these days.

Ian Evans