HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:42:01 -0600
Mark,

The following is the citation for the reference mentioned by Smoke:

Beedle, Peggy Lee (compiler) and Geoffrey M. Gyrisco
1996    The Farm Landscape: a Bibliography of the Architecture and
Archaeology of Farmsteads and Settlement in Wisconsin and in the Areas
of Origin of its Settlers in the United States and Europe. State
Historical Society of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. 186 p. and illustrations.

If you have not checked out the Illinois Archaeological Survey web page,
do so as one or two conferences sponsored by IAS have focused on
farmsteads, and the site has a listing of some IL farmstead reports (CRM
Bibliographies:

CRM Bibliographies
<http://virtual.parkland.edu/IAS/professional_resources/CRMbibliographie
sA.pdf> with an introduction by Rochelle Lurie.  Acrobat Format (pdf) ).
In addition, Midwest Archaeological Research Services, Inc. has
completed a number of other Phases II and III studies of farmsteads in
Illinois, many of which show in the IAS CRM Bib.

Hope this helps. I have additional reports for Iowa, Wisconsin, and
Michigan, but these have yet to be organized into a bib. Once I've done
this, I will send a copy.

michael m. gregory, ph.d.
Great Lakes Archaeological Research Center
Milwaukee, Wisconsin