Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:31:52 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
This goes back to Rita Eagle's recent inquiry about color designations for trade beads.   I had referenced some color descriptions from this publication and, just out of curiosity, contacted the original publisher.   If anyone is interested, there are only two copies left.   Contact Dave Freeman at: cottonlandia@bellsouth,net

----- Original Message ----- 
To: [log in to unmask] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:27 PM
Subject: Cottonlandia Museum Publication

Hello,
I'm curious if the following publication is still in print?
"Early Sixteenth Century Glass Beads in the Spanish Colonial Trade" by Marvin T. Smith and Mary Elizabeth Good (1982, Cottonlandia Museum Publications, Greenwood MI, 64 pages)
I check your website but didn't see anything about publications.  I appreciate any information you can offer me.
Thank you,
Jack Eastman
[log in to unmask]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
To: [log in to unmask] 
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 2:00 PM
Subject: RE: Cottonlandia Museum Publication

Thank you for your inquiry, Mr. Eastman.  The book is out of print.  We have been trying to find out who has the plates for printing more, but have been unsuccessful so far.   We do have two copies left, and can sell them for $16.00 ea., plus $4.00 S&H.  If you'd like to purchase one or both, we can take a credit card over the phone, or you can mail us a check to Cottonlandia Museum, 1608 Hwy. 82 W,  Greenwood, MS 38930.   Our phone # is 662-453-0925    Let us know how we can help you.   Have a great holiday!     Dave Freeman,  Interim Director
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Cheers,
Jack Eastman

ATOM RSS1 RSS2