HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"K. Kris Hirst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:20:13 -0500
At 01:04 PM 7/30/1998 -0700, Mary Ellin wrote:
>One thing that would be really really cool for the site is a TPQ list.
>Currently everybody has to create their own, so it would be really neat to
>have a standardized list of the most common items (obviously with
>references to appropriate sources) and a maybe a (brief) starter list of
>reference works for dating and typing artifacts.  The best thing about this
>type of a TPQ list is that it could keep up with innovations and provide
>asingle location and academic reference for such innovations as pop-top
>cans, etc

Now this is a truly brilliant idea. The only one I'm aware of right now is
Robert Varnum's Australian historics, which I'll go ahead and list even
though I think I got his url from Histarch:

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/6559/scc145.html

But, something like the IMACS document, only online. After all there are
tons of projectile point identification sites (eh, Mistah Pfeiffer?).
Coolness, Mary Ellin.

kris

Kris Hirst
Office of the State Archaeologist