HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lauren Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:02:12 -0400
That provides more context.  Back East, people threaten and sue over this
sort of thing all the time, on all sides of the issues.  Whether or not they
prevail, lawyers can nearly always find grounds to sue. Often,
municipalities will settle rather than play out costly litigation, and
often, public boards will be cautious to avoid being sued in the first
place.  I guess that doesn't happen in California.