HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Trammel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:48:54 -0400
Larry and others,

The SAA Public Education Subcommittee has a network of state coordinators.
Almost every state has one.  I'm probably biased since I am a SAA state
coordinator and on the SAA committee, but I think this is the first place
you should go when you have questions about pre-college archaeology
education.  This person usually has a wealth of information and can offen
direct you to another archaeologist  working on similar projects.      As I
said, almost every state has a coordinator, if anyone wants to know the
name, address, email ect of the education coordiantor in their state, just
email me and I will be glad to pass that information along to you.
Larry, the person in your state is:
Katherine Sanford
Division of Archaeology
5103 Edmondson Pike
Nashville, TN 37211
615/741-1588
fax 741-7329
email c/o:[log in to unmask]

She just completed a wonderful teacher workshop at the recent SAA meeting
there in Nashville. Its probably a local call, so give her a call, I'm sure
she will try to help you.

Linda Derry
(SAA Public Education Committee, Network Coordinator's subcommittee)