HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 04:06:50 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2007 12:27:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The  technology is there. The archival mindset needs to fully come to
grips with it and work within that framework.

But we need the National Park Service's approval before we slip them  digital
facsimiles. I still believe there will always be photo paper and  chemicals
available to professional studios, so why not to us? Oh for sure, your  average
small mom & pop photo shop will run out of supplies one day. I  seriously
doubt a mega server in 10 years will be able to read our digital  images of today.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.