HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:26:31 -0400
John,  I cant help you with the lost addresses. But, have you been following
the woman who reported the raccoon skull and long bones buried outside the
door post of a house in the American South? I half expected you to say
something about African magic implications. My response is that it is similar
to buried horse skull features in houses and near house portals in Celtic
England and greater Europe. Unfortunately, someone reported similar practices
in Peru and then Mesopotamia and the thread went crazy after that. I made
weak protest, but it failed to bring the thread back into line. The latest
comments have been biologists who claim the missing vertebrae and ribs would
not disintegrate even if the animal were a juvenile. Still, I am wondering if
African slaves might have learned the practice from English American property
owners.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.