HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sue Renaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:17:40 -0400
For those of you who do historic preservation and/or cultural resource
management work, a major gap has been filled in historic preservation reference
materials posted on the National Park Service's "Links to the Past" web site at
<www.cr.nps.gov>.  If you look under "Laws, Regulations and Standards," you will
find the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archeology and
Historic Preservation.  The direct address is
<www.cr.nps.gov/local-law/arch_stnds_0.htm>.

Originally published in the Federal Register in 1983, the Standards and
Guidelines cover Preservation Planning, Identification, Evaluation,
Registration, Historical Documentation, Architectural and Engineering
Documentation (i.e., HABS/HAER), Archeological Documentation, and Historic
Preservation Projects (revised in 1995 and retitled Treatment for Historic
Properties); and Standards for Professional Qualifications.  Recommended Sources
of Technical Information sections have been updated and web links provided for
additional information.

Sue Henry Renaud