HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:42:55 -0500
There is a significant funerary tradition for pets which extends to all
incomes classes and functions of residence. For high end burials see the
Evergreen house in Baltimore-I would suggest that farm burials were part of
a wider tradition which continues today. Suburban house lots of any
antiquity in the USA are likely to have serveral- I put three dogs into my
lot and came across a small mammal burial  when digging a post hole-in a
shoe box......fascinating topic....including grave goods....

Conrad