HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:25:00 EDT
Larry,

I agree with Mary Ellin. We scan photos for reports, but we have a
high-end scanner, computers with fast clocks nd high memory, and a
600dpi printer. If your facilities are not on the high end, you're
much better off getting a half-tone made. It'll cost you between $5
and $10 a picture, and many graphics arts houses will do same-day
pick-up and delivery. Just tell them the size which the photo will be
reproduced and the kind of printing (e.g. Xerox) you intend to do.
They'll give you a half-tone of appropriate dot density. Then al you
need is a little rubber cement and...voila!

Dan M.