HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Floyd Mansberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:38:10 EST
TO ALL HISTARCH READERS:

CALL FOR PAPERS and INVITATION TO ATTEND

You are cordially invited to participate in the joint 17th Annual Symposium on
Ohio Valley Urban and Historic Archaeology and the 8th Conference on Historic
Archaeology in Illinois, which will convene in Springfield (Illinois) on March
6th and 7th, 1999.  We seek formal papers (20 minutes each) concerning all
aspects of regional urban and historical archaeology.  Paper topics should not
be confined to Illinois nor the Ohio River Valley, as papers from the
surrounding states are also sought.  A Saturday evening reception will be held
at the Illinois State Museum (with access to the Home in the Heartland
exhibit).  Additionally, artifacts recovered from the excavation of multiple
redware and stoneware production sites in Illinois will be available for
inspection.  We strongly encourage the general public to participate in this
two-day conference.

Interested participants should send an abstract (100 words or less) before
February 1, 1999.

This conference is jointly sponsored by Fever River Research, the Illinois
State Museum, and the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency.  Please send
abstracts or requests for additional information to:

Floyd Mansberger