HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:03:45 +0200
I'm losing track; not sure if this has been posted already; if so, please
ignore or sign or forward as need be...
Please consider signing this petition requesting that National Geographic
Channel, Travel Channel and Spike TV pull their Digger Programming
immediately as they promote looting and disrespect of our national heritage.

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-national-geographic-channel-the-travel-c
hannel-spike-tv-stop-airing-their-digger-programs-3?utm_source=guides&utm_me
dium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

I guess the question is: do such online petitions, polls, etc., achieve
anything? Or do we still have to go out there with our signs and slogans and
marching feet to get anything done (or then again: is the failure of
"traditional," peaceful forms of public protest indicated by the violence
seen at some protests these days)?