From:
Luis M Afonso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:15:10 +0000
Nate DeMaria wrote:

>Does anyone recommend other works by Barber that I may like?

Try the violin concerto, one of the best ever composed.  The concerto
opening is wonderful.  The violin takes the lead from the first bar and
sings one of the most beautiful melodies I know.  The second movement
adagio always makes me share a tear or two.  My recommendation is a DG CD
with Gil Shaham and Andre Previn conducting the London Symphony Orchestra
(DG 439 886-2).  It's coupled with Korngold's violin concerto.  Another
wonderful work and performance.

Luis
The Portuguese Classical Music Site:
http://www.terravista.pt/Meco/2672/