From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:35:46 -0800
Ondine has just signed on the Philadelphia Orchestra (!) to make SACD
recordings over the next few years.  It's so great to hear that they
will be making records again.  Back in the day, I would buy anything if
Ormandy and the Philadelphia were doing it.  I wonder who will conduct?

The latest batch of RCA Living Stereo SACDs are out, ($12.99 list), and
I've been enjoying the Wild/Fiedler Gershwin very much.  The Dvorak/Walton
Cello concerti with Piatigorsky/Munch is very very good as well.  Once
again, Munch makes the intro of the Dvorak sound like such and event,
with a capital "E."  Those trilling winds!

John Smyth
Sac, CA