Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:48:41 -0700
I doubt that was possible...  It may have been recorded from two locations
by two recording systems...  but only theoretically possible.  This would
not be the first time Culshaw was off base

This is from memory... my books are in storage

Stereo was invented in 1954 by the Fletcher boys...  but the first
recording equipment generally available to put it on vinyl in a commercial
way was in 1959...  there were stereo recordings and recording systems
being tested in 1957 in preparation for the already planned commercial
development...

The reason I doubt it is the location and the setup that would have been
required at Bayreuth which was fairly bureaucratic at the time

Ray Bay <[log in to unmask]>