From:
Sasa Ilijasevic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:38:35 -0400
At the end of 1995, I bought original soundtrack from the film "Farinelli,
Il Castrato", issued by Auvidis Travelling.  I got a really a bad surprise
when I noticed that there are neither texts nor translations of arias in
a booklet.  It is a fullprice CD, and therefore I have expected, that
recording company will supply texts as minimum.  I am wondering if there
is anyone who would be so kind to send me texts/translations, at least
for some of arias? You can see my e-mail at the bottom of this message.
Haendels arias should not be a problem.  I have found a complete recording
of "Rinaldo" in local library, but there is only a libretto in Italian in
a booklet.  I have tried to find some of them at Aria Database but without
success.  Here is list of arias:

Riccardo Broschi (1698-1756)
- Son qual nave ch'agitata (Air de Arbace de l'opera Artaserse de J.A.Hasse!?)
- Ombra fedele anch'io (Air de Dario de l'opera Polifemo)

Nicola Porpora (1686-1768)
- Alto Giove (Air de Acio de l'opera Polifemo)

Johann-Adolf Hasse (1699-1783)
- Generoso risuegliati o core (Air de Poro de l'opera Cleofide)

G.F. Haendel, two arias from "Rinaldo"
- Cara Sposa (Rinaldo)
- Lascia ch'io pianga (Almirena)

Is there anyone else who has experienced something similar? I can name
two CDs issued by Philips with Borodina and Hvorostovsky with Russian
songs, where translations have been provided in several languages, but
there was no text in Russian.  These are also fullprice CDs.  One can
not be surprised when one buys budget CDs, but that such things happen
with established companies is really strange.  Thank you in advance.

Sasa Ilijasevic
Esbjerg, Denmark