From:
Sami Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 23:27:01 -0400
Don Satz's mention of alphabeting his CD collection, and then Ed Zubrow
asking the better way to do it, I can only tell you what I do and like,
not that it is necessarily better.

I have around 400 CD's, a large collection to me if not to others.  I
bought a stand that can hold 500 and have left spaces at the beginning
and end of the rows.  I also have put basic data into a simple program
that has composer, title, artist, orchestra, label and number.That way,
for pieces that are not the primary piece, search for the item, and then
search again by the label to find what else is on that CD.

For multi faceted composers I group them by symphony, piano trio, string
quartet etc.  For 'collections' such as Richard Stolzman playing many
short pieces, I group them together by artist.  I may run out of room
sometime, but by then I think I will start weeding some of the ones I
never listen to.

Sami