From:
Doris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:23:26 -0000
John Parker wrote:

>In a perfect world of course, everyone who attended a performance would
>be in perfect health and there would be no coughing nor sneezing, and no
>one would get restless and make squirming noises in one's seat.

Yes, we are all human-I think.  My near downfall was being given a Sugared
Almond once, when young, just before the end of the interval at a Chopin
Recital in Canterbury (Home of Ronald Smith) I started to choke, and the
tears were running down my face during the first few minutes; I'd have died
rather than cough out loud.  I was too young and thus too embarrassed to
leave.  Have hated these ever since and never touched another one since.

A glass of smooth Harvey's is a good thing to have before a concert.

Doris; older and wiser.