From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:05:20 PDT
Steve Schwartz didn't like Amadeus, Shakspeare in Love, or Immortal
Beloved.  Steve, maybe its time to change your movie programming.  Go with
action flicks; you never expect any depth or meaningful relationships, just
fast-paced excitement.  And, the music generally used in those movies will
remind you of John Williams.

I saw Shakespeare recently on video.  It was a pleasant movie, nothing more
or less.  The lead actress, however, was a loser.  She didn't strike me as
funny at all, just a porcelin figure of no significant comic ability.  How
that movie rated numerous awards is beyond me.  As for the music, I don't
recall any of it.

The music in "American Beauty" was very appropriate to the film - sort of
new age with a foreboding quality to it.  Good movie, could have been great
if it had concentrated on Kevin Spacey's role and not allowed sub-plots to
take center stage toward the middle of the movie.

Don Satz