From:
Jeff Tedford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:05:01 -0400
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If this "top list" business is good enough for Classic CD, it's good
>enough for me also:

1.Argerich
2.Pires: Her performances of the Chopin Nocturnes and Schubert
Impromptus are my touchstones
3.Perahia:My favorite Grieg, and the Handel-Scarlatti is a wonder
4.Brendel: His reissued Beethoven Concertos in Chicago especially #3 &
#4 are my favorite digital performances
5.Kovacevich
6.Uchida: Her Mozart concerto cycle is,for me, the integral set and I
rate her Kreiserlania with Horowitz
7.Moravec
8.Zimmerman
9.Tureck
10.Hewitt: Her Bach is simply magnificent
11.Alicia de Larrocha
12.Kissin
13.Pollini
14.Ashkenaszy
15.Pressler: a wonderful chamber performer
16.Weissenberg:the Philips anthology knocked me out
17.Pletnev
18.Hough: yeoman service with the Romantics
19.Thibaudet: Ravel
20.Koscis
Regrettably, the numbers omit John Browning whose live Beethoven 4 was
one of the most selfless performances I have heard; Charles Rosen; and
Andsnes.

Jeff Tedford <[log in to unmask]>