From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:42:41 +1000
Bernard Gregoire enthused:

>One the many mono CD reissues from decades past which appeared late last
>year was the Antal Dorati/Minneapolis Symphony performance of the complete
>Tchaikovsky "Swan Lake" from the mid '50s.  Currently available on Mercury
>289 462 950-2 (also by BMG Direct Marketing #D228000) I had forgotten how
>exciting this recording was on LP. ...

Glowingly endorsed!  I've waited years for this set to be reissued and
it sounds wonderful.  I've written to the legendary Wilma Cozart Fine for
some info about other mono rereleases, eg The Sleeping Beauty, Hovhaness's
Prelude and Quadruple Fugue, Dorati's version of Respighi's Church Windows.
If she has time between remastering sessions, I might get a reply.  I'll
pass it on if I do.

Richard Pennycuick