From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:31:07 -0400
John G. Deacon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Mimi Ezust was kind enough to write about having found Agustin Anievas's
>Rach 2 on EMI's Encore label.  Better still though is the EMI 2-fer on
>"Forte" containing all 4 concertos plus the Paganini Variations which is
>a stunning bargain indeed (CZS 568619-2).

Indeed.  Also, do not miss Anievas' EMI Forte with the Chopin B minor
sonata, Liszt's sonata, and Rachmaninoff's complete preludes plus
additional piano music, on EMI 69527 2.

>Joel Hill mentioned the Chopin Etudes which, along with the Waltzes and a
>few other items, is scheduled for re-issue on another "Forte" 2-fer before
>too long.  This will mean that most of Anievas's EMI material will have
>been re-issued bar the very fine Brahms Paganini & Handel variations (his
>first LP for EMI) and a few of the Liszt pieces.  There was hope that
>Testament might pick these up but so far I've no news about it.

That Brahms LP (I have gone through two copies of it, with a third mint
copy on reserve) is in my private Hall of Fame of piano recordings.  I
should transfer it to CD myself, just in case EMI doesn't.

Ramon Khalona