From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 10:16:58 EDT
Mats Norman writes:

>What are others favourites?

You are right that this one is hard to screw up.  I'm sure that other
list members will point out if there is one out there.  If I was to pick
an all around favoirte I would go with Kubelik which unfortunately was
only available as part of a complete cycle when I bought it.  I am aware of
3 different Haitink recordings but it is the 3rd BPO that own and I think
it is quite good also.  I would be curious to hear the live BPO that you
referred to earlier.  The Barbirolli is also enjoyable but I remember it
having a few fluffs (it is a live recording) and a finale that drags.

Two recordings that I would like to pick up are Britten's and Boulez's.

Steve