From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:34:53 -0500
Glenn Freeman wrote:

>Here is my list of 10 recent composers/pieces of very high quality ...
>
>Glass - Anything
>Feldman - Anything
>Cage - Number Pieces (works composed 1987-1992)
>Nyman - Anything
>Hovhaness - Anything
>Gordon - Anything
>Reich - Anything
>Stockhausen - Almost Anything
>Ligeti - Almost Anything
>Erb - Almost Anything

This is a lame answer, sorry Glenn.  Can you give us some inkling of why
you think these composers can do no wrong? Phillip Glass hasn't written
anything original since Akhnaten.  There's only so much you can do with
an arpeggio.  Hovhaness was the modern day Vivaldi, copying the same
gimmicks over and over again.  You can't just throw out names.  Let's
have some discussion here!  (please and thank you)

Kevin