From:
Christine Labroche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:45:42 +0100
Thanks to Mats Norrman for his very interesting post in which he mentioned:

>One generation younger Andreas Hallen composed Wagner influenced
>operas like "Harald der Wiking" and "Waldermarsskatten" and some Swedish
>rapsodies, the latter which were influental to define the swedish sound.

I believe Hallen found inspiration for one of his pieces in a painting or
paintings by Boecklin - the Isle of the Dead springs to mind of course.
Could you give me any details - genre, style, title, date...? Have you
heard the work? Do you have an opinion? Mats? Anyone?

>* Hugo Alfveen (1872-1960) composed much music of approachable style.

Boecklin also inspired Alfveen... May I make the same requests?

I look forward to your replies.

Christine Labroche