From:
Reid McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:39:49 -0600
Allow me to jump in and second the support for 20th century British
composers =AF Elgar, Britten, Bridge (great sting quartets; fine work for
cello and orchestra),  Walton, Vaughan Williams (symphonies!!!), Tippett,
Rubbra, Simpson, Rutter, Ades and more.  They should be given more
attention (some more than others, of course) in the US, and I assume on
the European continent as well.

Also, a poster (humorously) offered that the U.S. should be able to "take
pride in reality television."  Alas, I'm afraid we can't even do that, as
most of what we have for reality TV has been directly or indirectly lifted
from non-U.S. programming.

Reid McLean