From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:43:29 PDT
Sterling S Newberry quoting Bach:

>"What I accomplished is by hardwork, anyone who worked as hard could
>accomplish as much"

My response was that the Bach comment was not correct.

Sterling now states:

>The only way to prove that it isn't correct is to put in the effort,...

Oh my.  This line of discussion could become as useless as the one
concerning being in "awe" of a composer's work.  So, I'll provide my
comments now, then be silent on the issue regardless of any subsequent
postings.

For most functions in life, appropriate training and experience combined
with hardwork, dedication, and excellent focus will win the day.  However,
"creative" functions require more than those applications.  They require
an inner creativity which no amount of hardwork alone can call forth.

Don Satz