From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:04:51 PDT
Wes Crone wrote concerning Naxos covers:

>Indeed, let's forget the whole thing.  This is, perhaps, the wisest
>thing I've read in any of your postings.

Aren't you sure? I hope so.  Anyways, thanks for the compliment!  I've
written numerous postings containing deep kernels of wisdom and insight,
and it's great that my most recent one might be the best to date.

Let's switch to an aspect of Naxos that everyone would likely agree on.  It
is the best-run record company providing classical recordings.  Its rate of
production is superb, particularly since the product quality has actually
risen as well.  The Management has great acumen and insight concerning both
supply-side and demand-side economic factors.  Best of all, the company
doesn't stand still and stagnate in its success.  Naxos knows that it has
to be bold and project well to keep or even improve its position.  So, we
see the historical and American music series.  I'm sure there's more to
come.

Don Satz