From:
Jocelyn Winkler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 23:18:43 -0400
Oh my!  Rampal was my first musical inspiration as a flutist.  I had
only been playing 3 months (and was 9 years old) when I first heard this
masterful musician live!  Unfortunately, it was the only time I heard him
live, and the only things I remember about the concert are (1) he had a
very bad cold, (2) his lung capacity was amazing and he looked enormous,
and (3) he played Dance of the Blessed Spirits for his encore.  My very
first flute recording was one of his albums.  Although the news was sad,
hearing it gave me a chance to reflect upon some great memories.  Thank
you.

Jocelyn Winkler