From:
Raymond Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:14:22 -0400
It started after I bought a cassette of Mozart Sym 25 conducted by
Kertesz/VPO.  I listened to that cassette a lot and never got tired of it.
It was around the time the movie Amadeus was showing and I think the Sym 25
was featured in the film.  After that, not a lot happened until my family
bought a CD player and a nice collection of classical CDs.  From there, I
bought my first CD of Beethoven Piano sonata from Naxos(!!  Thanks Mr.
Heymann offering recordings at a price I could afford) and get hooked.
Afterwards, it gets deeper and deeper and I don't think I will ever get
"rescued" in this deep musical ocean.

I think I would also have to thank my family for allowing me to listen to
Classical music, my mother told me that she used to go to a lot of concerts
before she got married, she was a piano teacher as well.  [However, she
always complain me buying too much CDs now ;-(] Therefore, I guess there
must be a "classical music" gene in my body passed from my mom.

BTW, has the Mozart Sym25 with Kertesz/VPO been re-issued on CD or anyone
know which label was that on? I always want to get that recording to bring
back memories.

Raymond Chan